UNIBEN JUPEB Application & Guideline | 2019/2020
University of Benin (UNIBEN) UNIBEN JUPEB Application & Guideline – Application are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into UNIBEN JUPEB Pre-Degree Studies for this academic session.
UNIBEN In collaboration with the JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB), the University of Benin invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programmes for the Session.
The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificate which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the University of Benin and other JUPEB – affiliated Universities in Nigeria and universities abroad.
The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificate (HSC) or IJMB.
UNIBEN JUPEB ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB)
All the combinations shown in the table meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT etc.
UNIBEN JUPEB Programme Duration
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is strictly non-residential programme.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIBEN JUPEB
Interested candidates are to purchase application forms online from the university web site http://www.uniben.edu with valid VERVE VISA OR MASTERCARD ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the non-refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00).
*The fee excludes bank charges.
*The application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
You may want to visit any cyber cafe around for you registration to avoid mistakes.
UNIBEN JUPEB MODE OF STUDY
Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study Centre, University of Benin; Lectures will be conducted from 8am–4pm, Monday to Friday.
(i) Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
(ii) Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application fee.
(iii) Only coloured print out will be accepted.
(iv) Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
(v) Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study.
|THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT COMBINATIONS ARE AVAILABLE|
|1||Arts||Government/Literature in English/Christian
|History/ Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies|
|Economics, Government/Literature in English|
All the combination in 1,3,4,5,6,7&8
|3||Management/Social Sciences||Economics/Government/Mathematics Mathematics/Geography/Economics Economics/Business Studies//Government Accounting/Economics/Government Economics/Government/Geography CRS/Economics/Government|
|Government/Literature in English/Christian
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applications should be concluded on or before Midnight of 27th August, 2018.
The procedure for application is as follows:
- Visit www.uniben.edu Or uniben.waeup.org
- Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process (not the cyber-cafe’s mail).
- Click on JUPEB Pre-Degree Studies 2018/2019
- Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Provide all necessary information. Note that * means compulsory fields.
- An immediate mail will be sent to the provided e-mail address.
- Open your mail to get your system generated ID and Password that you will use to login.
- On uniben.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
- Enter your user name and the password from the mail to login.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Edit application record’ and provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Upload a clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only. NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University of Benin.FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUAILIFICATION AND FAILURE/FORFEITURE OF ADMISSION
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page, then click on “Pay with Remita” on the top left corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the application fee with an ATM-Enabled Verve or Master Card from any commercial Bank.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application on-line.
- You cannot edit your application after submission.
- Print out the Application slip.
Admission into various programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted on 8TH of SEPTEMBER, 2018 by 9 am at the Ugbowo campus of the University.
More UNIBEN News