University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID), Maiduguri, Borno State
The University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) is located in Maiduguri, the capital city of Borno State in northeast Nigeria. This federal university was created by the federal government in 1975, with the intention of its becoming one of the country’s principal higher-education institutions.
It enrolls about 25,000 students in its combined programs, which include a college of medicine and faculties of agriculture, arts, dentistry, education, engineering, law, management science, pharmacy, science, social science, and veterinary medicine.
With the encouragement of the federal government, the university has recently been increasing its research efforts, particularly in the fields of agriculture and conflict resolution, and expanding the university press. The total budget is ₦1,920,660,623.11. The university is the major higher institution of learning in the north-eastern part of the country.
|Location||Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria|
|Affiliations||AAU, NUC, ASUU|
General UNIMAID Information
This is the official University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Blogs for latest news, information and updates regarding the following:
Cut off mark
See UNIMAID cut off mark now!
This is how much UNIMAID school fees for this session costs
All courses offered in University of Maiduguri
Faculties & Departments
See all faculties and departments in UNIMAID
See the school calendars and timetables!
How to write the post UTME, UTME and UME!
Check admission status and list and learn how to get admission into University of Maiduguri
All UNIMAID past questions
Join the UNIMAID Students forum
Below are the approved affiliate institutions of the University of Maiduguri, approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- Umar Ibn Ibrahim El-Kanemi College of Education, Science and Technology, Bama
- College of Education, Azare, Bauchi State
- College of Education, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Gombe
- Umar Buba Bindir, Nigerian Agricultural engineer and incumbent Director-General of the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP)
- Lt-Gen Tukur Yusuf Buratai, Chief of Army Staff, Nigeria
- Ibrahim Kpotun Idris, Inspector General of Police, Nigeria