National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
There is no military conscription in Nigeria, but since 1973 graduates of universities and later polytechnics have been required to take part in the National Youth Service Corps program for one year. This is known as national service year. Ahmadu Ali served as the first Director-General of the NYSC until 1975. The incumbent Director-General is Brig. Gen. Sule Zakari Kazaure.
|Formation||22 May 1973|
NYSC was created on 22 May, 1973 with the aim of using it as a tool for the reconciliation, reconstruction, and rebuilding of the nation after the civil war. It was established based on decree No. 24 that stated that the scheme was created “with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity”,
Full Meaning of NYSC
If you are asked, what is the full meaning of NYSC, Here is your answer:
Learn more about the NYSC Portal login, NYSC Official website and homepage
Learn More about NYSC Registration
Learn more about the NYSC Portal relocation
This is the OFFICIAL NYSC LOGO
Learn about all the NYSC Batches and streams, Get Stream 1 & 2 news with Batch A and Batch B updates and mobilization list for next batches.
when is the next nysc batch
Official NYSC Twitter handle
Official NYSC Facebook Page
Learn more about NYSC POP or NYSC Passing out parade.
Get information o NYSC Posting
Get latest news on NYSC allowance
Check the NYSC senate list now
Apply for NYSC Jobs now
Get more info about NYSC Orientation camp.
Check the NYSC Calendar
All NYSC members are informally called CORPERS!
The cuurent NYSC Director General (DG) : Brig. Gen. Sule Zakari Kazaure.
Get the NYSC Contact phone numbers here
Corps members are posted to states far from their state of origin where they are expected to mix with people from different ethic groups, social and family backgrounds, and learn the culture of the indigenes in the location they are posted to.
This action is aimed at bringing about unity in the country and help the youths appreciate other ethnic groups. There is an “orientation” period of approximately three weeks spent in a military controlled “camp” away from family and friends.
There is also a “passing out ceremony” at the end of the three weeks orientation camp after which corp members are posted to their Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). They are expected to work as full time staff at their PPA with exception of one working day devoted for the execution of community development service.
After eleven months at their PPA, corp member are allowed a one month of vacation before their final passing out ceremony where they would be issued certificates of completion.
Get NYSC latest news updates today
The objectives of the National Youth Service Corps Scheme are clearly spelt out in Decree No.51 of 16th June 1993 as follows:
- To inculcate discipline in Nigerian youths by instilling in them a tradition of industry at work, and of patriotic and loyal service to Nigeria in any situation they may find themselves.
- To raise the moral tone of the Nigerian youths by giving them the opportunity to learn about higher ideals of national achievement, social and cultural improvement
- To develop in the Nigerian youths the attitudes of mind, acquired through shared experience and suitable training. which will make them more amenable to mobilisation in the national interest
- To enable Nigerian youths acquire the spirit of self reliance by encouraging them to develop skills for self employment
- To contribute to the accelerated growth of the national economy
- To develop common ties among the Nigerian youths and promote national unity and integration
- To remove prejudices, eliminate ignorance and confirm at first hand the many similarities among Nigerians of all ethnic groups
- To develop a sense of corporate existence and common destiny of the people of Nigeria.
- The equitable distribution of members of the service corps and the effective utilisation of their skills in area of national needs
- That as far as possible, youths are assigned to jobs in States other than their States of origin
- That such group of youths assigned to work together is as representative of Nigeria as far as possible
- That the Nigerian youths are exposed to the modes of living of the people in different parts of Nigeria
- That the Nigerian youths are encouraged to eschew religious intolerance by accommodating religious differences
- That members of the service corps are encouraged to seek at the end of their one year national service, career employment all over Nigeria, thus promoting the free movement of labour
- That employers are induced partly through their experience with members of the service corps to employ more readily and on a permanent basis, qualified Nigerians, irrespective of their States of origin. Unfortunately, most employers discard these young graduates, waiting for the next orientation programme to get a fresh set of graduates.
anthem, allowance, allawee, age limit, anthem mp3, age limit 2017, anthem lyrics, allowance increment 2018, acceptance letter format, act, batch b stream 2 2018, batch b 2018, batch a stream 2 2018, batch a stream 2 2017 pop, batch a stream 2, batch b registration, batch b update, batch b stream 2, batch c 2018, batch b 2017, call up letter, certificate, certificate number, calendar, camp, current news, corper, cds, call up letter portal, certificate format, dashboard, discharge certificate, dg, director general, discharge number, directors, date of birth problem, discharge certificate number, deployment, dashboard portal 2018, exemption letter, exclusion letter, email address, exemption certificate, exemption age, error list 2018, error list, eti osa 2, established, experience, facebook, full meaning, final clearance letter format, foundation, federal allowance, forum, form, fct secretariat abuja, form 2b sample, flag, gov ng, green card, gist, general cds, green card printing, geopolitical zones, group chat, green card slip, grant, guidelines, home, history, headquarters, help desk, head office, head office abuja, home portal, head office lagos, hq, hotline, information, in nigeria, images, info, in abuja, increment, in lagos, id card sample, instagram, in ogun state, july 2018, job portal, jobs, june allowance, july batch, july batch b 2018, jobs in lagos, july, june allowance 2018, job recruitment, kit, khaki, kano, kaduna, katsina, kwara state, kwara, kebbi state, kebbi, kano camp, login, latest news, login portal, logo, latest update, list, latest, loan 2018, loan, logo png, mobilization, mobilization list, meaning, motto, matriculation list, mobilization batch b, medical report sample, main site, mobilization 2018 batch b, monthly clearance, news, news today, news update, news 2018, nigeria, next batch, number, nairaland, national anthem, next batch b 2018, official website, online registration, office lagos, orientation camp, orientation camp lagos, official facebook page, online dashboard, orientation, orientation camp requirements, office, portal, portal login, portal 2018 batch b, pop, posting, portal for call up letter, passing out, permission letter to travel, ppa, payment, query, quotes, query format, questions and answers, query letter sample, quarter, quick loan, qualification, queens, queens blvd, registration, recruitment 2018, requirements, recruitment, remobilization 2018, relocation, remobilization, revalidation, relocation portal, registration batch b 2018, senate list, site, stream 2 2018, senate list batch b 2018, secretariat, state allowance 2018, secretariat ikeja, saed, state code, soft loan, timetable, twitter, today news, timetable batch b 2018, today, terminal leave, timetable for batch a stream 2, thumbprint, taraba, training, update, update 2018, uniform, uploaded senate list, university, update today, update news, update 2018 batch b, unpaid allowance, upload, verification, validation, video, vacancy, vacancies in lagos, verification site, venture prize competition, varick, vs equinox, vs crunch, website, was established in what year, whatsapp group link, was established, was introduced by who, wishes, wikipedia, white shorts, wears, wiki, year, youtube, youth corper, yobe state, yearly calendar, yoga, yelp, yonkers, yonkers ny, ues, zoning, zamfara, zonal offices in lagos, zonal office garki, zamfara state, zonal offices in abuja, zone 3, zonal office, zenith list, zamfara state coordinator2019, 2020