Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA), Niger State
FUTMINNA specializes in technological education. The University is a designated Centre of Excellence in Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering and has a core competence in the development of vaccines and drugs.
FUTMINNA was founded in 1983, and the first Vice-Chancellor was Professor J.O. Ndagi who served from 1983 to 1990. The governing bodies are the Council and the Senate. In the beginning, the University took over the facilities of the former Government Teachers’ College Bosso, for use on a permanent basis.
This site now serves as the Bosso Campus of the University. The main campus gidan kwano which is sited on a 10,650 hectares of land is located along the Minna – Kataeregi – Bida Road. The institution is listed in the Guide to Higher Education in Africa, Association of African Universities and the International Association of Universities, 1999.
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Abdullahi Bala|
|Location||Minna, Niger State, Nigeria|
General FUTMINNA Information
This is the official Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) Blogs for latest news, information and updates regarding the following:
Cut off mark
See FUTMINNA cut off mark now!
This is how much FUTMINNA school fees for this session costs
All courses offered in Federal University of Technology Minna
Faculties & Departments
As of 2018 the University has 10 schools (faculties):
- School of Agriculture and Agriculture Technology
- School of Infrastructure, Process and Engineering Technology
- School of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- School of Entrepreneurship and Management Technology
- School of Environmental Technology
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Information and Communication Technology
- School of Technology Education
- School of Post Graduate Studies
Other organizations on campus
- Centre for preliminary and Extra Mural Studies (CPES)
- Centre of Excellence in Disaster Risk Management and Developmental Studies, operated by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
- Centre for Climate Change and Freshwater Resources, which is associated to the Federal Ministry of Environment, a node of the Global Institute for Bio Exploration (Rutgers University, NJ, USA)
- Centre for Human Settlements and Urban Development (CHSUD) associated with the UN Human Settlements programme.
Federal College of Education (Technical) Akoka, Lagos State,Nigeria
Recreation and sports
As part of its overall fitness program, the University includes a floodlit sports arena on both campuses, athletics cinder tracks, badminton indoor courts, basketball courts, table tennis facilities, volleyball courts, football pitches, a fitness gymnasium, extensive pedestrian walkways, a 9-hole golf course and a student recreation centre.
The student-run radio station was gutted by fire in 2013. As of now, the radio station has a new building and a fully equipped studio which was commissioned in 2014 by the VC.
- Kemi Adesoye
See the school calendars and timetables!
How to write the post UTME, UTME and UME!
Check admission status and list and learn how to get admission into Federal University of Technology Minna
All FUTMINNA past questions
Join the FUTMINNA Students forum